Hi, Internet. Miss me? Shhhh, it’s okay, mommy’s here.
I do apologize for my absence. It’s not like I haven’t been thinking about you. It’s just…how shall I put this…ah, yes.
All of my ideas for blog posts have been incredibly lame.
It’s true. Every time I sat down to write something, bad ideas flooded my head. I couldn’t move past them. Nothing remotely interesting came to mind.
I see three explanations for this phemonenom.
1) I’ve become an incredibly boring person.
2) I’ve always was an incredibly boring person, and am only now coming to terms with it.
3) All of these little, stupid things are trapped in my head, blocking the good ideas.
Let’s test #3 before we turn to #2 or #1 as viable options. I’ll flush all of the bad ideas out with one quick post. Then we wait for all the good stuff to come flooding back.
I apologize for inflicting this on you, and understand completely if you’ve already stopped reading and have switched back to LOL Cats.
Top Seven Things That Really Aren’t Interesting Enough To Blog About
1) I made tea a while ago in my favourite mug. My step dad bought it for me when I was 18 and had moved out of the family home. I poured hot water into it and the cup split right in half.
2) We inherited (I swear we didn’t actually spend money on this) a package of Mug Cakes. You put the powder in a mug, add water, and microwave. The package promised a delicious cake in a mug. What we got was salty, powdery sludge-in-a-mug.
3) I made my boyfriend a sweater for Christmas. Part way in I had to pull out about half of it because I made a stupid mistake. (Note: I will likely post more about this sweater. I happen to think knitting stories are wildly interesting.)
4) I found a recipe mistake in a Jamie Oliver cookbook. For a few moments I felt this elated superiority.
5) We unpacked a box of Christmas decorations donated to us by family, I thought all of the broken ones put together looked really pretty.
6) I made Lemoncillo (gin, lemon zest, sugar). It looked sticky in it’s jar, but tastes really good on icecream.
7) Speaking of citrus fruits, I made marmalade too, which involved boiling oranges. CRAZY!
Just be glad I didn’t write seven full posts.
Okay, brain. Are you flushed. Can you start being interesting again?