(p) 902.219.1888 ~ (e) sarah(at)sarahgignac(dot)com
- Curtains: A short film that I wrote, directed and produced. It was shot in April 2013 by Becky Parsons. The cast is Martha Irving, Mary-Colin Chisholm, Sherry Smith and Mauralea Austin, and my executive producer is Hank White. It’s has screened at nine festivals throughout North America.
- Feedback Loop: I received AFCOOP’s Feedback Loop grant in Feb 2013, which provided a producing mentor for Curtains. My mentor is Chris Turner.
- How To Be A Superhero: My treatment for a full-length feature film was part of the PEI Screenwriters Boot Camp. June 2012.
- The Road To Anywhere: Feature film script.
- The Over Confident Balloon (Short Film): Writer/Producer. May 2011.
- Holiday Hazards (Short Film): Co-writer/producer. Part of AFCOOP’s Super 8 Holiday Contest. December 2011
- The Adventures of Johnny Risktaker (Short Film): Writer/Producer. November 2011.
- Curtains (Short Play): performed by “Once Upon A Theatre Collective” (Halifax) in June 2012.
- The ScapeGoat Goddess (Short Play): published in “Pearls” (Vancouver). 2002
- Tale Rare & Grim (Co-writer. Play): produced by Exodus Theatre (Halifax). 2000 (A re-mount was nominated for a Merritt Award in 2003.)
- Rae & Luke (One-Act Play): produced by Exodus Theatre (Halifax). 2000
PUBLICATIONS / WRITING HISTORY
- The Day Nothing Happened [But Everything Changed] (Short Story): finalist for Far Horizons For Short Fiction Award (Victoria). Summer 2013.
- I Do Not Matter On The Moon (Short Story): published in “Existere Journal” (Toronto). Spring 2013
- To Opening Night (Novel): Won 3rd prize in the Writers’ Federation of Nova Scotia’s “Writing Competition for Unpublished Manuscripts.” August 2012
- My Body’s Rorschach (Short Story): published in “Pilot Project” (Toronto). February 2012
- Girl Meets Canada: Series of 33 travel articles chronicling a 4-month road trip across Canada. Published through the blogging website “Life As A Human” (LAAH). Summer 2010
- An Evening Alone With The Sky Dancer: My travel Piece on Whitehorse won second place in the online travel magazine “Bakpak” contest. 2005
- Over 30 Book & Theatre Reviews: Published through “Monday Magazine” (Victoria). Includes interviews with Salman Rushdie, David Sukuzi, Thomas King, Will Ferguson, Gary Geddes, Rick Steves, Rattawut Lapcharoensap. 2004 to 2008
- The Blend: Part 1 & 2: Co-author/creator. Self-Published Comic Book. 2002
- Associate Editor: “LAAH.” 2010 to Present
- Content Editor/Proofreader: Memoir “A Life In The Circus” for Mr. Jacque Prudhomme. 2005 to 2006
- Copy/Content Editor: Various papers, articles and short stories. 1999 to Present
- Editing Basics: AFCOOP, Halifax, NS. March 2013
- Audio Basics: AFCOOP, Halifax, NS. February 2013
- Lighting Principles and Aesthetics: AFCOOP, Halifax, NS. February 2013
- The Creative Producer: AFCOOP, Halifax, NS. December 2012
- Treatment to First Draft: PEI Screenwriters Boot Camp, Charlottetown, PE. June 2012
- Film As The Medium: AFCOOP, Halifax, NS. January 2012
- Intro To Film Making in Nova Scotia: AFCOOP, Halifax, NS. October 2011
- Project Management: Camosun College, Victoria, BC. March 2008
- Getting Out of the Slush Pile: Camosun College, Victoria, BC. April 2006
- Truth or Consequence: Research for Writers: Camosun College, Victoria, BC. February 2005
- Travel Writing: Story Crafting: UVIC, Victoria, BC. February 2005
- Exploring Creative Non-Fiction: Victoria School Of Writing, Victoria, BC. November 2004
- How to Sell 75% Of Your Freelance Writing: Camosun College, Victoria, BC. September 2004
- Travel Writing and Marketing: UVIC, Victoria, BC. September 2004
- Short Story Writing: Douglas College, New Westminster, BC. Winter 2002
- Playwriting: Douglas College, New Westminster, BC. Fall 2001
- WIFT-AT ~ 2012 to Present
- AFCOOP ~ 2011 to Present
- Writers’ Federation of Nova Scotia ~ 2010 to Present
- Victoria Writers’ Society ~ 2005